2011年1月21日 星期五

[草戊尚土靈修俱樂部] 全新樂活讀經默想 110121有新意見。

Yi-ting 已針對您的文章「全新樂活讀經默想 110121」留下新意見:

"Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great"(Ge 15:8). I am thinking to myself: What will I respond if the Lord says He wants to reward me?

When Abram heard that the Lord would like to reward him, he expressed no wild joy but just replied calmly, "…what wilt thou give me, for I continue childless, …"(15:2)? Then he stated his suffering for he had no descendants: "…thou hast given me no offspring; and a slave born in my house will be my heir" (15:3).

"Thou" means that Abram believed whatever he had came from the Lord and that the Lord is his sovereign. What impresses me is that he could take a slave born in his house as his heir. That shows he would have taken his having no offspring lightly because he deeply believed that God governs everything.

Then he kept asking, "O Lord GOD, how am I to know that I shall possess it" (15:8)? God must be pleased that His children ask Him questions. Abram bluntly posed questions to clarify his confusion. The close relationship between them is inspiring.



由 Yi-ting 於 2011年1月21日上午10:26 張貼在 草戊尚土靈修俱樂部